This glucose-stabilizing salmon and broccoli with pesto combines protein, veggies, and healthy fats on one sheet pan. Serves 3.
1 1/2 cups of raw pumpkin seeds (Note: For optimal digestion, soak them in water overnight in the fridge with 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar)
1 large bunch of basil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove
1 cup olive oil
Pinch of sea salt and pepper
1/3 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
Salmon & Broccoli
3, 4 oz. salmon fillets
1 head of broccoli-chopped into florets
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
- Blend all Pesto ingredients together in a blender. Set aside.
- Note: Pesto can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, if preferred.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper, if desired. Place salmon (skin side down) on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Toss broccoli with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Roast both salmon and broccoli in the oven.
- Salmon until cooked through; approx. 12-15 min.
- Roast broccoli until it’s tender and blackened on the bottom; approx. 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges (if desired) and pesto.